By: Aarti Developer
Recipe: Linguine With Escarole and Shrimp to Aid Digestion
- 8 ounces pasta, whole-wheat linguine
- 4 teaspoons oil, olive, extra virgin, divided
- 1 pound shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, more for taste
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup wine, white
- 1 pint tomatoes, cherry, halved
- 16 cups escarole (2-3 heads), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon, wedges, for garnish
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2. Cook linguine until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat 3 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cook until pink and curled, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- 4. Add garlic and the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- 5. Add wine and cook until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes.
- 6. Add escarole (or chard) in handfuls, stirring until it wilts before adding more; cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 7. Whisk clam juice (or water) and cornstarch in a small bowl then add to the pan; simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 8. Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the pan, add lemon juice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper, and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- 9. Drain the linguine and return it to the pot. Add the sauce; toss to coat. Serve with lemon wedges.
Yield: 6 servings
Total Time: 45 mins
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 271, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 502mg, Dietary Fiber: 10g, Total Fat: 5g, Carbs: 37g, Cholesterol: 112mg, Protein: 20g